All times are UTC - 8 hours

1053 Should people stop eating meat?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: 1053: TO EAT, OR NOT TO EAT, MEAT
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:07 am 
Site Admin

I was raised in Montana on diet of meat, potatoes and vegetables.

Much of the meat my family ate came from the grandparents’ farm or from what we hunted down in the wilds.

Nobody in my family– and very few in the city or state– gave much thought to being omnivorous because there was no alternative to be seen under those great big skies. But then my brother hooked up with a California blonde who happened to be “vegetarian,” and the Olsons were introduced to a new way of thinking about eating.

“Why?” We asked.

“Because vegetarianism is better for our health, less cruel to animals and easier on the environment,” we were told.

The brother’s vegetarian diet– mostly toasted cheese sandwiches– came and went with the California blonde, as did the Olsons’ consideration of vegetarianism.

But I am now a Californian surrounded by those well-armed with facts to back up their arguments that eating meat is harmful to the body, cruel to animals and hard on the environment.

And so I ask...

Should people stop eating meat?

Food Chain Radio & Forums #1,053 (Tags: Marta Zaraska, Meathooked, carnivores, omnivores, vegetarians, vegans, animal rights)